Thursday, May 24, 2012

How to Protest Your Home's Value

If you live in Dallas County, you have until May 31st to protest your home's assessed value. So, if you feel like DCAD's valuation of your home is worth more than what you could actually sell it for in today's real estate market, then you should keep reading because you're paying too much money to the man.

The quickest way to protest your taxes is using the new uFile Online Protest. Here are some screenshots to help guide you through the process.

  • Type your name in the box as instructed and choose the property you want to protest

  • Click on the uFile Online Protest link and follow the instructions

Click here for the full protest procedures located on their website. And if you'd like me to send you some comparable sales information in your area to back up your claims, shoot me an email and I'll do what I can to help out.

Don't live in Dallas County? Try one of these websites to learn more about your appraisal protest procedures.


1 comment: