Wednesday, March 5, 2008

HOA's and Politics



While walking the dog this morning in my lovely little townhome community I saw this sign in a window. I remember back when the mayoral race was going on and someone put an Ed Oakley sign in their "front yard" - which is really community property -and the HOA made them remove it. You also can't have For Sale signs in your windows or anywhere on the property. I personally could care less if people wanted to put political signs in their windows but I'm sure it's a matter of time before the HOA tells them to remove it. But should they have to? Is this really a matter of maintaining property values? I've always heard that the more an entity tells you what you can and can't do to your property, the less valuable it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment